Senior Program Coordinator, Research and Evaluation
(Tufts Job #14000723)
***This is a Grant Funded Position***
Childobesity180 is a national leader in childhood obesity prevention – blending scientific evidence and rigor with innovation and experience from the private sector to develop, implement, evaluate, and scale high-impact initiatives that will reach 80% of children ages 5-12 in the US. Childobesity180’s unique value proposition rests in the ability to leverage the experiences, intellect, and assets from multiple sectors to address one of society’s most pressing public health problems – childhood obesity. Without bold, widespread, and equitable effort, this epidemic threatens to widen the disparities gap, cripple our nation’s health care budget, decrease productivity, and erode quality of life. Childobesity180 is committed to do all that it can to drive impact and accelerate progress by providing leadership, collaboration, and partnership at senior levels across a range of organizations that are positioned to play a role in reversing the trend of childhood obesity.
In coordination with the research team and initiative project staff, the Senior Program Coordinator, Research and Evaluation will coordinate and assist with the development of research and evaluation strategies and decision-making frameworks for ChildObesity180 as a whole and the initiatives. Additional responsibilities include cleaning, managing, and analyzing study data; researching and developing briefs and presentations and preparing materials for public presentations; conducting literature reviews; assisting with grant writing; and coordinating research procedures and protocols, including preparing submissions to and liaising with the Institutional Review Board and other relevant Tufts departments. The Senior Program Coordinator, Research and Evaluation will also be involved with the execution of evaluation for the initiatives and support the design and execution of pilot studies.
- Master’s degree with a focus on research, evaluation, or epidemiology with 1-3 years' experience
- MS Office
- Occasional travel
- Master’s degree in nutrition, physical activity, public health, or a related field with emphasis on research skills and methods, and 2+ years of experience with research
- A strong interest in research and evaluation, and a desire to further a career in this area.
- Good understanding of and experience with research and evaluation methods is important
- Experience and proficiency using SAS and/or SPSS for data analysis
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a dynamic team, both independently and with colleagues and external partners
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
To apply: Visit http://jobs.hr.tufts.edu/ and search for Job #14000723. Please do not contact ChildObesity180 directly.
Please check back next spring for summer 2015 internship opportunities.